16:14 18th Nov, 2014
Nokia Announces Its Android-Powered N1 Tablet
Always wanted a Nokia built Android-powered device? Well the Finnish company just delivered one.
After a quick teaser Nokia announced its all-new Android-powered tablet called the Nokia N1. We knew that the company would stray away from the mobile space, but the tablet was indeed a big surprise for many.
As for the device, it looks quite similar to an iPad if you ask us, just a bit on the thicker side. Nokia says that the N1 has been built from a one-piece aluminium body, that has been sandblasted for a satin finish that will be available in Natural Aluminium and Lava Grey.
As for the hardware specs they are as follows:
- We get a 7.9 inch 2048 X 1536 pixel IPS panel with a fully laminated zero air-gap display with Gorilla Glass 3
- Inside we get a 2.3 GHz Intel 64-bit Atom processor Z3580 coupled with 2 GB of LPDDR3 (800 MHz) RAM and 32 GB of internal memory
- There is an 8 MP AF primary camera on the back while the front gets a fixed focus 5 MP unit
- This is indeed one of the first devices to sport a micro-USB 2.0 port with a Type-C reversible connector
- As for the software we do get a lick of Android 5.0 Lollipop with the Nokia Z launcher running on top
- The N1 comes with the usual radios including Wi-Fi, (802.11a/b/g/n/ac); dual channel (2.4GHz & 5GHz) with MIMO and Bluetooth 4.0
- All of the above is powered by a 5300 mAh battery
Indeed the software works entirely on Nokia’s experimental Z launcher but all those rough edges that we saw on the past seems to have been smoothened out in this well-machined device.
The N1 tablet will be built by Foxconn but more on that later in our detailed take of the device. Nokia will launch the tablet in China for 249 USD (not including taxes) somewhere in February followed by a wider roll-out in Russia and other European countries.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-