16:14 18th Nov, 2014
Nokia Announces Its Android-Powered N1 Tablet | TechTree.com
Nokia Announces Its Android-Powered N1 Tablet
Always wanted a Nokia built Android-powered device? Well the Finnish company just delivered one.
After a quick teaser Nokia announced its all-new Android-powered tablet called the Nokia N1. We knew that the company would stray away from the mobile space, but the tablet was indeed a big surprise for many.
As for the device, it looks quite similar to an iPad if you ask us, just a bit on the thicker side. Nokia says that the N1 has been built from a one-piece aluminium body, that has been sandblasted for a satin finish that will be available in Natural Aluminium and Lava Grey.
As for the hardware specs they are as follows:
- We get a 7.9 inch 2048 X 1536 pixel IPS panel with a fully laminated zero air-gap display with Gorilla Glass 3
- Inside we get a 2.3 GHz Intel 64-bit Atom processor Z3580 coupled with 2 GB of LPDDR3 (800 MHz) RAM and 32 GB of internal memory
- There is an 8 MP AF primary camera on the back while the front gets a fixed focus 5 MP unit
- This is indeed one of the first devices to sport a micro-USB 2.0 port with a Type-C reversible connector
- As for the software we do get a lick of Android 5.0 Lollipop with the Nokia Z launcher running on top
- The N1 comes with the usual radios including Wi-Fi, (802.11a/b/g/n/ac); dual channel (2.4GHz & 5GHz) with MIMO and Bluetooth 4.0
- All of the above is powered by a 5300 mAh battery
Indeed the software works entirely on Nokia’s experimental Z launcher but all those rough edges that we saw on the past seems to have been smoothened out in this well-machined device.
The N1 tablet will be built by Foxconn but more on that later in our detailed take of the device. Nokia will launch the tablet in China for 249 USD (not including taxes) somewhere in February followed by a wider roll-out in Russia and other European countries.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India