19:37 24th Feb, 2015
Rumour: Meizu MX5 To Showcase A 41 MP Camera | TechTree.com
Rumour: Meizu MX5 To Showcase A 41 MP Camera
Of course it is a software trick.
Chinese smartphone maker Meizu is hitting the rumour mill once again as the specs of its next successor have already begun leaking out. The flagship MX5 is said to be capable of delivering 41 MP images and moreover sports some new hardware from MediaTek as well.
While Nokia with their PureView 808 and the Lumia 1020 seem to be the only ageing members of the 41 MP club, there are also smartphones that tried to make it there like the OPPO Find 7 (50 MP images) with its Super Zoom feature.
Obviously, it was some software sorcery that allowed the 13 MP sensor to deliver such high-end imagery. Still then it could not be compared to the stuff the Nokia Lumia 1020 was churning out.
So yes, in all probability we could be looking at 20 MP Sony sensor here that will have a few software tricks to help it pull off a 41 MP image. Else, we are truly looking at a twin sensor set up similar to the Huawei Honor 6 Plus.
But the rumours don’t stop here. Meizu is said to include the newest contender in the premium chipset market, MediaTek. Sources say that the upcoming MX5 will pack in the all-new MT6795 octa-core chipset and Meizu will throw in 4 GB of RAM (the new standard for flagships) as well.
Couple all of the above with a sharp Quad HD display and the unique Flyme OS and we think that Meizu has a winner here. Still then, competition sporting the same chipset comes from HTC as well, in the form of the rumoured One M9 Plus, that is said to sport similar hardware.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India