13:34 20th Feb, 2015
BlackBerry OS 10.3.1 Now Rolling Out With New Features | TechTree.com
BlackBerry OS 10.3.1 Now Rolling Out With New Features
The update carries new features, while some of the older ones get polished to perfection.
BlackBerry OS 10.3.1 is now seeding from the Canadian company’s servers. The devices eligible for the update include Q5, Q10, Z10, Z30, Z3, Porsche Design P'9983, as well as the Passport (the Classic already comes with it).
The firmware update brings a ton of changes and delivers a faster and more responsive UI. This means, that you will keep finding new options in places you did not earlier as you explore the new update.
We already had our hands-on with the new software as the BlackBerry Classic that came in for review, sported the same software. In short we were impressed.
The highlight of the update is clearly BlackBerry Blend. The service will let you effortlessly sync your files, contacts and schedules across your tablet, PC and smartphone. The important bit here is that it is now available for a lot more devices and that it works across multiple operating systems including Mac, Windows, iOS and Android.
The BlackBerry Hub gets Instant Actions, meaning that you can now delete a notification right from the thread by swiping on it. There is no need to dig into a message if you know that it is not important. Yes, the feature works with all of the apps connected to the BlackBerry Hub.
Older devices will now see both BlackBerry World and the Amazon App store installed by default.
Keyboard short cuts are back! While these will be available on almost every device, we wonder if something new has been added to the Passport’s pointless touch-sensitive keyboard.
BlackBerry Assistant, something that only Microsoft seems to be interested in right now (with Cortana) seems to have finally made it to more devices.
Additional features include a new Power Saver Mode, a Meeting Mode, that will silence your smartphone automatically when it detects a meeting in your schedule, new camera functions and added equalizer presets for the media player.
All-in-all it is a pretty feature-packed update and from what we have seen on the BlackBerry Classic, everything does work smoothly.
BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.1 will be rolling out to customers around the world, starting today in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia Pacific, and will be available for the entire line of smartphones running BlackBerry 10.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance