11:40 05th Feb, 2015
After A Record-Breaking Quarter, Apple Takes On Android As Well | TechTree.com
After A Record-Breaking Quarter, Apple Takes On Android As Well
It’s the iPhone 6 versus the Android smartphones from the multitude of manufacturers.
Steve Jobs would indeed be a very happy CEO if he was alive today. The analysts at Kantar Worldpanel ComTech have outed their quarterly report with respect to the smartphone market, and the results, at least for the USA are indeed shocking.
For starters, Apple actually managed to sell more iPhones this quarter than all the Android manufacturers together. After that mind-blowing quarterly report, there indeed could be no better news that this, for CEO, Tim Cook.
What the above also translates to is that Apple actually got the iPhone right for once and managed to draw in some Android users, thanks to the bigger screen as well. More importantly, its the iPhone 6 (and the Plus) versus the Samsung GALAXY S5 that happened to be the only popular handset to be given as a gift during the holiday season.
In terms of numbers, Apple won by just a 0.1%, which may not be big but indeed tells us a lot about consumer choices in US.
Android still remains the biggest mobile OS worldwide at 66.1%, but Apple did gain the top spot for brand loyalty as well with an 87% landslide in both US and Europe.
Seems like the past SVP of Google, Vic Gundotra’s switch to an iPhone 6, pretty much sums it all up.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals