12:21 28th Jan, 2015
Apple Sold A Record 74.5 Million iPhones In The Past Quarter | TechTree.com
Apple Sold A Record 74.5 Million iPhones In The Past Quarter
Apple Macs have been flying off store shelves too.
Yes, that is a big number, although Apple never reveals which models of the iPhone sold better. That aside the company has posted a literally ‘record everything’ quarter for the first time.
Apple posted a record quarterly profit of $74.6 billion of which it saw $18 billion in net profits.
The Cupertino giant sold 74.5 million iPhones which is a 46% growth over the last year’s quarter. That means that the company actually sold 34,000 iPhones every hour every single day, across the globe, in the quarter.
Next up was the iPad that came in at number two with 21.4 million iPads getting sold (they usually do 26 million year over year) followed by the Mac systems with 5.5 million getting sold in just this quarter.
“We’d like to thank our customers for an incredible quarter, which saw demand for Apple products soar to an all-time high,” “Our revenue grew 30 percent over last year to $74.6 billion, and the execution by our teams to achieve these results was simply phenomenal.” said Apple CEO, Tim Cook.
The company’s App Store also saw great sales compared to the past with a revenue jump of about 41% percent this year. Apple’s quarterly sales headed over the $50 billion margin for the first time.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance