10:59 05th Feb, 2015
Google Gives Android One Owners A Heads-Up About The Lollipop Update | TechTree.com
Google Gives Android One Owners A Heads-Up About The Lollipop Update
It seems to be pretty lethargic considering that the One range is a poor man’s Nexus.
Google has finally given frustrated One owners a heads-up about when it will be delivering its Android 5.0 Lollipop update. And as always, it was as random, as “in the next few weeks”.
This is indeed shameful considering that smartphone manufacturers who have built smartphones (XOLO One) using similar hardware in India, have already begun seeding the Android Lollipop update.
Ever since the launch of the Android One range at Google I/O, the handsets were indeed perceived to be the poor man’s Nexus. The affordable smartphones came with entry-level specifications and were said to deliver updates as quickly as the Nexus range.
While Google is struggling to deliver updates to its Android One range, Cyanogen earlier announced that it would support the same to add fuel to the fire.
Cyanogen recently made things official about taking Google head on, by developing its own software after year’s of using Google’s Android source.
TAGS: Mobile Phones, Software, Android 5.0 Lollipop, Google, Android One
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals