10:59 05th Feb, 2015
Google Gives Android One Owners A Heads-Up About The Lollipop Update
It seems to be pretty lethargic considering that the One range is a poor man’s Nexus.
Google has finally given frustrated One owners a heads-up about when it will be delivering its Android 5.0 Lollipop update. And as always, it was as random, as “in the next few weeks”.
This is indeed shameful considering that smartphone manufacturers who have built smartphones (XOLO One) using similar hardware in India, have already begun seeding the Android Lollipop update.
Ever since the launch of the Android One range at Google I/O, the handsets were indeed perceived to be the poor man’s Nexus. The affordable smartphones came with entry-level specifications and were said to deliver updates as quickly as the Nexus range.
While Google is struggling to deliver updates to its Android One range, Cyanogen earlier announced that it would support the same to add fuel to the fire.
Cyanogen recently made things official about taking Google head on, by developing its own software after year’s of using Google’s Android source.
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020