12:49 12th Jan, 2015
Meizu May Announce An Ubuntu Touch-Powered Device This Month | TechTree.com
Meizu May Announce An Ubuntu Touch-Powered Device This Month
The company plans to announce 3 devices in all, by the end of January.
Meizu will be announcing 3 new devices by the end of January. The news leaked out from a Weibo account called ChinaUbuntu; that shows a teaser which has some unusual text on it.
The image (below) shows text that translates to “3 happiness”. Something that could imply the number of devices that the Chinese smartphone maker plans to announce.
What interests us from this leaked news is that this could be Meizu’s first Ubuntu-powered smartphone. This makes sense because the image comes from a source that has to do with Ubuntu and more so because we have seen leaked images that show the Meizu MX4 running the software.
If Meizu does go ahead with the launch, this will indeed be Ubuntu’s first step into the smartphone market ever since the KickStarter funding for its own smartphone, failed to reach its goal.
Indeed, this does not comes from Meizu itself, so we will still have to wait until the official teaser surfaces online.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals