12:49 12th Jan, 2015
Meizu May Announce An Ubuntu Touch-Powered Device This Month | TechTree.com
Meizu May Announce An Ubuntu Touch-Powered Device This Month
The company plans to announce 3 devices in all, by the end of January.
Meizu will be announcing 3 new devices by the end of January. The news leaked out from a Weibo account called ChinaUbuntu; that shows a teaser which has some unusual text on it.
The image (below) shows text that translates to “3 happiness”. Something that could imply the number of devices that the Chinese smartphone maker plans to announce.
What interests us from this leaked news is that this could be Meizu’s first Ubuntu-powered smartphone. This makes sense because the image comes from a source that has to do with Ubuntu and more so because we have seen leaked images that show the Meizu MX4 running the software.
If Meizu does go ahead with the launch, this will indeed be Ubuntu’s first step into the smartphone market ever since the KickStarter funding for its own smartphone, failed to reach its goal.
Indeed, this does not comes from Meizu itself, so we will still have to wait until the official teaser surfaces online.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance