10:44 26th Dec, 2014
Confirmed: Nokia’s N1 Tablet Will Launch In China On January 7 | TechTree.com
Confirmed: Nokia’s N1 Tablet Will Launch In China On January 7
All we can wait for right now are the dates regarding the device’s global availability.
Yes, the launch date of Nokia’s second shot at the mobile devices market is finally confirmed for the 7th of January 2015. An image posted on a social networking website seems to have confirmed the news and there’s a lot more happening as well.
The Nokia N1 tablet will be launched in China on the above mentioned date, while Nokia has begun promoting the same via events and contests in country. Promotions include a contest that will give 24 lucky winners a chance to own the device while about 800 tickets and 6 VIP passes for the launch event will be given out as well.
The N1 will be the Finnish company’s first Android-powered tablet that runs Nokia’s Z launcher but is powered by Android inside. As for the specs, they are pretty similar to the Jolla Tablet with a few modifications under the hood:
- We get a 7.9 inch 2048 X 1536 pixel IPS panel with a fully laminated zero air-gap display with Gorilla Glass 3
- Inside we get a 2.3 GHz Intel 64-bit Atom processor Z3580 coupled with 2 GB of LPDDR3 (800 MHz) RAM and 32 GB of internal memory
- There is an 8 MP AF primary camera on the back while the front gets a fixed focus 5 MP unit
- This is indeed one of the first devices to sport a micro-USB 2.0 port with a Type-C reversible connector
- As for the software we do get a lick of Android 5.0 Lollipop with the Nokia Z launcher running on top
- The N1 comes with the usual radios including Wi-Fi, (802.11a/b/g/n/ac); dual channel (2.4GHz & 5GHz) with MIMO and Bluetooth 4.0
- All of the above is powered by a 5300 mAh battery
All we can wait for right now is the launch of the N1 tablet in India, as the price certainly seems right and coming from Nokia, we can bank on them when it comes to its construction as well. The tablet is expected to retail at around Rs 16,000 (sans taxes) when launched in China.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India