15:06 21st Oct, 2014
HTC Announces The One M8 EYE With A 13 MP Camera In India
The Android smartphone you always dreamt of is finally here.
HTC finally announced the unexpected HTC One (M8 EYE) smartphone for India. The smartphone that was earlier announced for China and comes with one important element that seemed to be nothing but a disappointment on the Original One M8 -- the camera.
The One (M8 EYE) sports a 13 MP sensor that probably made its way from the Desire 816 or the HTC Butterfly 2, that has identical specs, minus the metal body. The 4 MP UltraPixel sensor was the HTC One M8’s biggest con and now HTC finally seems to have replaced it. With the EYE out, we wonder whether HTC will discontinue the original One M8 post this as its 4 MP sensor could not even stand a chance against the Desire 816’s 13 MP sensor (low light shots were however better on the One M8).
As for the rest of the specifications, they remain similar to the HTC One (M8).
- We get a 5.0 inch 1080p display
- Inside there is a 2.3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 SoC coupled with 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal memory that is expandable
- In the camera department there is a 13 MP camera on the back with the dual LED flash and the same 5 MP front-facing module on the front
- There are the usual radios inside that include, 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n (2.4 and 5GHz) and Bluetooth 4.0
- Powering it all is the same 2600 mAh battery from the One M8
The handset runs Android KitKat version 4.4 along with the Sense 6 UX on top. The HTC One (M8 EYE) will be available in Gunmetal Grey and Glacial Silver and will be priced at Rs 38,900 and should go on sale this week.
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens