15:06 21st Oct, 2014
HTC Announces The One M8 EYE With A 13 MP Camera In India
The Android smartphone you always dreamt of is finally here.
HTC finally announced the unexpected HTC One (M8 EYE) smartphone for India. The smartphone that was earlier announced for China and comes with one important element that seemed to be nothing but a disappointment on the Original One M8 -- the camera.
The One (M8 EYE) sports a 13 MP sensor that probably made its way from the Desire 816 or the HTC Butterfly 2, that has identical specs, minus the metal body. The 4 MP UltraPixel sensor was the HTC One M8’s biggest con and now HTC finally seems to have replaced it. With the EYE out, we wonder whether HTC will discontinue the original One M8 post this as its 4 MP sensor could not even stand a chance against the Desire 816’s 13 MP sensor (low light shots were however better on the One M8).
As for the rest of the specifications, they remain similar to the HTC One (M8).
- We get a 5.0 inch 1080p display
- Inside there is a 2.3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 SoC coupled with 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal memory that is expandable
- In the camera department there is a 13 MP camera on the back with the dual LED flash and the same 5 MP front-facing module on the front
- There are the usual radios inside that include, 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n (2.4 and 5GHz) and Bluetooth 4.0
- Powering it all is the same 2600 mAh battery from the One M8
The handset runs Android KitKat version 4.4 along with the Sense 6 UX on top. The HTC One (M8 EYE) will be available in Gunmetal Grey and Glacial Silver and will be priced at Rs 38,900 and should go on sale this week.
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers