17:13 19th Aug, 2014
HTC Announces Butterfly 2 For India; Available From September | TechTree.com
HTC Announces Butterfly 2 For India; Available From September
The better looking handset out of the One M8’s siblings, the Butterfly 2 brings a little more to the mid-range table.
HTC has as expected, announced the Butterfly 2 handset for India and the rest of the South Asian markets, including Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand. The handset was previously launched on KDDI in Japan as the J Butterfly and will soon be available in India.
The Butterfly 2 does boast of some impressive specs, even though HTC has gotten rid of the metal armour found on the HTC One M8. Inside, we get a:
- Beefy quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor clocked at 2.5 GHz coupled with 2 GB of RAM
- As for the memory, the Butterfly 2 will be available in 16 and 32 GB options along with additional memory support in the form of micro SD cards
- Also present will be the Duo Camera from the HTC One M8, but without the annoying UltraPixel tech
- The handset comes with a standard 13 MP camera like on the One E8 and the Desire 816 and a 5 MP camera up front and also includes the depth sensor for UFocus imagery
- The Butterfly 2 runs Android KitKat version 4.4 and is powered by a 2700 mAh battery
Last but not the least, the handset is indeed IP 57 water and dust resistant and includes all the patented HTC tech such as BoomSound in a design that looks a lot different from the One E8. Harman Kardon has also included its LiveStage audio DSP tech in here as well.
The HTC Butterfly 2 will begin selling in the above mentioned markets starting from the 2nd of September.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals