10:55 26th Sep, 2014
Karbonn Launches Its First Windows Phone, The Titanium Wind W4 | TechTree.com
Karbonn Launches Its First Windows Phone, The Titanium Wind W4
Easily the cheapest dual SIM Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone in the country.
Karbonn has been on a roll lately, the company recently announced an entry-level Android smartphone just yesterday, and now we hear that it has rolled out its newest Windows Phone smartphone as well. The handset does not come as a surprise as Microsoft had tied up with local manufacturers like Micromax, to churn out quality Windows Phone 8.1 devices at a cheaper prices.
The new smartphone is another entry-level offering but is indeed the first Windows Phone device from the local smartphone maker. Karbonn is clearly going to sell this smartphone on the price alone, as it seems to be the cheapest dual SIM Windows Phone 8.1 (WP 8.1) device in the market.
As for the specs, they are pretty much up to the mark, as Windows Phone is not as resource hungry as Android.
- We get a 4 inch (800 x 480 pixel) display
- A 1.2 GHz quad-core, Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 chipset with 512 MB of RAM and 4 GB of internal memory that is expandable
- There is a 5 MP AF camera on the back with an LED flash and a front facing unit as well
- The handset comes with the usual radios including WiFi, Bluetooth and will run 3G with the dual SIM functionality
- As of now there is no clear information about the battery’s capacity
The handset as you may have figured out from the specs, is targeted at Microsoft’s very own Lumia 530 that was launched recently. Quality may be the deal breaker here as Nokia is clearly known for that characteristic.
The Karbonn Titanium Wind W4 comes in black, white and red, but Amazon.in only has the white version up for sale for a price tag of Rs 5,999.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals