16:51 13th Aug, 2014
Microsoft Launches The Lumia 530 In India At Rs 7,199
The device is pitted directly against the Moto E, and should be a great alternative for buyers leaning towards Windows on mobile.
Microsoft has launched its entry-level Lumia 530 Dual SIM smartphone in the Indian market at Rs 7,199. The device was unveiled globally on July 23 and is marketed as the most affordable Windows Phone 8.1 device yet. In the Indian market, the Lumia 530's prime target will be the Android-powered Moto E that retails for a very similar price.
The Lumia 530 is available for purchase from the company's official online store in India, following the device launch in Malaysia on Tuesday at a similar price of 355 MYR (approx. 6794 INR).
Running on Microsoft's latest version of of Windows mobile OS, the Lumia brings along several new features such as the Action Centre and Cortana. The device is powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 200 processor that is coupled to 512MB of RAM.
The specifications of the device are very similar to that of the budget Android champion Moto E, albeit with half as much RAM. That however shouldn't dampen the Windows experience, as the software is a lot less taxing than Android.
The Lumia 530 will come with a 5MP camera at the back with no flash module. Storage memory stands at a measly 4GB, but users can also take advantage of the the microSD card slot for greater storage. The phone features a 4-inch FWVGA display, which doesn't sound too great but makes for a respectable 246ppi pixel desnity.
The small size of the device should also please people with tiny hands or those who in general hate large screened devices. Like the Lumia 630 the phone ditches the capacitive touch buttons for on-screen ones which robs the UI of some on-screen real estate.
Being a Lumia, users can swap out the back covers of the 530, with a range of bright colours to choose from. The Lumia 530 is typical of a Nokia (now Microsoft) device, but the only grouse we've got is its small 1,430mAh battery, which is rated to deliver up to 10 hours of talk time and up to 528 hours of standby time.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-