16:50 15th Sep, 2014
India’s First Android One Smartphone Goes On Sale For Rs 6399
After the Chinese invasion in India’s smartphone market, the pricing could have been a bit lower according to us.
Karbonn has finally announced India’s first Android One smartphone, the Sparkle V. Indeed there is going to be a lot of support from Google here, but its the pricing that worries us the most that has been kept at Rs 6399.
As for the specs, you cannot expect much over here as this is after all an entry-level handset supported by Google in terms of software. The handset similar to the Spice Android One Dream UNO Mi-498 has been built using Google’s reference design for the hardware bits.
- On the outside of Sparkle V, we get a 4.5 inch (854 x 480 pixel) IPS display
- On the inside, we have a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor (MediaTek) coupled with a Mali-400 GPU
- Memory comes in the form of 1 GB of RAM and 4 GB of ROM that can be expanded up to 32 GB
- The camera department consists of a 5 MP primary sensor on the back and a 2 MP sensor up front
- The smartphone comes with the usual radios like Wi-FI and Bluetooth and includes dual SIM slots as well
- The handset runs Android KitKat 4.4 and is powered by a 1700 mAh battery
The pricing indeed is a bit high if you ask us, but comes pretty close to Xiaomi’s Redmi 1S offering. The whole point here is that Google will provide software support so the handsets will never become outdated. The handset is available in red only and can be purchased on Snapdeal for the previously mentioned price tag of Rs 6399.
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens