13:19 05th Sep, 2014
Lenovo Unveils VIBE X2 And VIBE Z2 Mid-Range Smartphones At The IFA
While the VIBE Z2 brings nothing special, the VIBE X2 comes with a new sandwich design and a powerful mid-range chipset.
Lenovo has finally announced two new mid-range devices that are successors to their older variants. The company unveiled its VIBE X2 that is a successor to the VIBE X, and is the more interesting one of the lot. The VIBE Z2 on the other hand is the mid-range offering of the premium VIBE Z2 Pro that was unveiled a month ago.
The VIBE X2 is certainly special in a way thanks to its specs and the all-new design that some how managed to leak out a few days ago. The Chinese company has gone with a multi-layer sandwich design that helps make it thin and light, while allowing for a number accessories to be attached as well (more on that later). As for the specs:
- We get a 5 inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixel) display
- A true octa-core, 2.0 GHz MediaTek MT6595m chipset with 2 GB of RAM
- Memory is limited to 32 GB of internal storage only
- A 13 MP primary camera with an LED flash is available on the back with 5 MP unit on the front for the selfie-conscious
- The handset packs a 2,300 mAh battery and weights just a 120 grams, which is quite an achievement for a 5 inch device
Next up we get another mid-range device going by the name of the VIBE Z2. Indeed we should have seen the Z2 appear before the Z2 Pro was launched, but it seems like Lenovo had not finalised on the hardware back then. The handset as mentioned earlier is a watered-down version of the VIBE Z2 Pro, but is no slouch by any means with its 64-bit chipset. Coming to the specs:
- We have a large 5.5 inch 720p display
- A quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 chipset clocked at 1.2 GHz coupled with 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal memory
- There is a 13 MP camera on the back, which also includes OIS and a massive 8 MP unit up front making this Lenovo’s best selfie offering
- The handset comes with a giant 3000 mAh battery, offers dual SIM functionality as well along with 4G speeds
The VIBE X2 also comes with some smart VIBE Xtensions that add to those layers (3 by default) and deliver various enhancements from better battery life to a louder set of speakers. The Lenovo Vibe X2 will cost $399 (approx. 24,000 INR) and the Vibe Z2 $429 (approx. 26,000 INR). Both handsets will be available in China starting this October. The handsets are expected to hit Asia Pacific and the Middle East along with Eastern Europe there after. Indeed, both of these handsets will compete with HTC’s recently announced Desire 820. While they do fall behind when it comes to the chipsets, they certainly do not fall short on features.
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499