17:13 04th Sep, 2014
HTC Takes The Wraps Off Its Mid-Range Beast, The 64-Bit Desire 820
Makes every other recently launched, mid-range handset, look outdated.
HTC has finally announced it much-awaited Desire 820 smartphone. The handset HTC teased on Weibo earlier is pegged as the successor to the HTC Desire 816 and literally doubles the performance figures that will make some flagship handsets feel out of place.
On the outside, the handset looks pretty similar to the Desire 816 in terms of design with the addition of some coloured inserts that not everyone may find “desirable”. We get the same 5.5 inch 1280 x 720 pixel touch screen display like on the its predecessor the Desire 816. One look at the back and you will see that huge lens with an f/2.2 aperture 13 MP BSI sensor sitting behind it. The front face also houses an unbelievable 8 MP sensor for selfies that comes with a number of software features such as Live Makeup to match.
Inside, at the heart, we get an all new 64-bit octa-core, Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor with integrated CAT 4 LTE. Inside that, we find an octa-core setup with eight Cortex-A53 cores, four of them clocked at 1.5 GHz and four at 1.0 GHz for the CPU, coupled with an Adreno 405 GPU for graphics. Indeed we cannot wait to check out the benchmarks of this mid-range beast. There was no mention of the RAM but we assume that it would be the same as its predecessor (1.5 GB) as it is a mid-range offering after all.
HTC says that it will deliver the Android L update for the handset after the launch at the end of this month. We can also expect a dual SIM variant of the handset as well.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones