17:13 04th Sep, 2014
HTC Takes The Wraps Off Its Mid-Range Beast, The 64-Bit Desire 820 | TechTree.com
HTC Takes The Wraps Off Its Mid-Range Beast, The 64-Bit Desire 820
Makes every other recently launched, mid-range handset, look outdated.
HTC has finally announced it much-awaited Desire 820 smartphone. The handset HTC teased on Weibo earlier is pegged as the successor to the HTC Desire 816 and literally doubles the performance figures that will make some flagship handsets feel out of place.
On the outside, the handset looks pretty similar to the Desire 816 in terms of design with the addition of some coloured inserts that not everyone may find “desirable”. We get the same 5.5 inch 1280 x 720 pixel touch screen display like on the its predecessor the Desire 816. One look at the back and you will see that huge lens with an f/2.2 aperture 13 MP BSI sensor sitting behind it. The front face also houses an unbelievable 8 MP sensor for selfies that comes with a number of software features such as Live Makeup to match.
Inside, at the heart, we get an all new 64-bit octa-core, Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor with integrated CAT 4 LTE. Inside that, we find an octa-core setup with eight Cortex-A53 cores, four of them clocked at 1.5 GHz and four at 1.0 GHz for the CPU, coupled with an Adreno 405 GPU for graphics. Indeed we cannot wait to check out the benchmarks of this mid-range beast. There was no mention of the RAM but we assume that it would be the same as its predecessor (1.5 GB) as it is a mid-range offering after all.
HTC says that it will deliver the Android L update for the handset after the launch at the end of this month. We can also expect a dual SIM variant of the handset as well.
TAGS: Mobile Phones, Android, HTC, HTC Desire 820, IFA 2014
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals