16:14 26th Aug, 2014
HTC To Announce Desire 820 With Octa-Core, 64-Bit Processing At IFA
While other manufacturers including Google have yet to make the switch to 64-bit processing, HTC wants to be first in line.
Just four days ago HTC teased us with a post on Weibo (Chinese social network) and now the company has made things a bit official in China via the same account. The company has finally let out two more teaser images giving us our first glimpse of the first 64-bit powered handset in the Android world -- the Desire 820.
The first image shows the list of HTC firsts -- the long list of achievements and innovations that the company has brought to the smartphone world. This includes the first handset to bring Android to the world (G1), first smartphone with a f/2.0 lens, first UltraPixel camera and finally the first Android smartphone to be powered by a 64-bit processor.
The second image is simply an invite to an announcement that the Taiwanese company plans to make at the IFA Berlin; scheduled for the 4th of September. The announcement clearly mentions that it will be unveiling the world’s first octa-core, 64-bit-powered smartphone as well. This is why we do think that it is the octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor that will make an appearance with the handset.
The image also gives us our first glimpse of the mid-range handset sporting what seems to be a standard lens (not UltraPixel... Phew!) showing a blue frame running around the construction.
Sadly though with all of this showing up on Weibo, indicates that the handset is headed for China. Hopefully, similar to the HTC J Butterfly (Butterfly 2), we could see it heading to India as well.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones