14:25 02nd Sep, 2014
ASUS ZenWatch To Be Available This October; Price Bracket Gets Confirmed
Pricing details of the much-awaited smartwatch get leaked a day before the announcement.
While the ASUS ZenWatch is not exactly going to be the hottest Android Wear-powered smartwatch to be announced at the IFA Berlin, it may as well be the cheapest one to be available when it launches in October. While previous leaks did point out to an ASUS smartwatch with a lower price tag, a report by a Taiwanese journal has confirmed that the smartwatch will indeed be launched at sub-199 USD (approx. 12000 INR ) price tag.
Since the launch of the LG G Watch before the Google I/O event this year, smartwatches have not exactly been priced right as we all though it would be. Out here in India the boxy LG G Watch is still retailing for Rs 14,999 with Samsung’s Gear Live being priced slightly higher. ASUS is all out to break this pricing barrier by introducing its ZenWatch at lower price, which from the teaser sketches also looks a lot slimmer that the chubby Moto 360 as well.
While the report from Taiwan also mentions that the wearable will begin sales in October, that would be only for the US and a few lucky markets. Well, there is just a day to go for the official announcement, so there not much waiting left to do.
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers