17:49 23rd Aug, 2014
Xiaomi Redmi 1s Launch To Happen On The 25th Of August In Bangalore
The entry level handset will soon be announced in Delhi a day later.
According to the time line that we managed to obtain from Xiaomi’s VP of International Affairs, Hugo Barra’s last interview; the Redmi 1s would indeed be launched in India soon followed by the Redmi Note. Well an invitation has finally come across and now it seems that Xiaomi will be holding a blogger meet with Hugo Barra himself first in Bangalore followed by Delhi.
The Bangalore event is scheduled for the 25th of August, while the event in Delhi is scheduled for the 26th of August. Hugo Barra himself expects to meet fans and will be unveiling Xiaomi’s next big flash sale record breaker, the Redmi 1s.
In terms of both specs and pricing, the Xiaomi will indeed give Motorola, Nokia and ASUS a run for their money:
- We get a 4.7 inch 1280 x 720 pixel display
- 1.6 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 SoC coupled with 1 GB of RAM
- In terms of memory, expect the Redmi 1s to sport 8 GB of internal space along with micro SD card support of up to 64 GB
- On the back we get an 8 MP camera (BSI Sensor) with an LED flash while the front facing one is a 1.6 MP unit
- Also included are the usual radios along with the dual SIM functionality all powered by a 2000 mAh battery
Indeed Xiaomi is at its peak with the Mi 3 and has all the intentions to dominate the entry-level segment as well with the Redmi 1s. Impressive specs apart, it is the price that will attract buyers even from the budget segment since the specs come pretty close to matching them as well. The handset clearly obliterates the Moto E and Lumia 530 which offer half the performance and mediocre cameras.
Love Xiaomi or simply hate them, the company is surely making a big dent in the Indian mobile market. Expect those 2 second flash sales to start trending soon once the Redmi 1s goes on sale online.
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens