16:23 26th Aug, 2014
Nexus X Gets Confirmed; So Does The Next Version Number Of Android
Another benchmark result shows up online giving us a better look at the spec sheet of the upcoming Nexus smartphone.
The last time we heard about the Nexus X (Motorola ‘Shamu’) was when it showed up on GFXBench, the graphics benchmarking tool for smartphones. The listing was openly available for the world to see and the device showed some impressive specs that are not as impressive when compared to the 64-bit HTC Desire 820. This time around the same device has now shown up in some AnTuTu screenshots online via a leaker and we get a better insight into its hardware specs along with the next version of Android that it will running.
As for the specs, they are indeed impressive:
- 2.7 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 silicon coupled with 3 GB of RAM
- Handling the graphics will be the Adreno 420 GPU
- Internal memory will again be limited to 32 GB
- While the screen sports a Quad HD (2560 x 1440 pixel) display
- The camera still remains at 13 MP for the primary one
What the benchmark results also revealed is the version number of the next Android update from Google. Tagged as version 5.0 (since Android L is not the final name anyways) the build will certainly be a big jump for the platform and kind of deserves a version bump as well.
What is not that impressive about the Nexus X, are the benchmark scores that stand at 35,430, which if compared to the mid-range variant of the Meizu MX4 (52,811), has a lot to catch up on.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones