16:23 26th Aug, 2014
Nexus X Gets Confirmed; So Does The Next Version Number Of Android
Another benchmark result shows up online giving us a better look at the spec sheet of the upcoming Nexus smartphone.
The last time we heard about the Nexus X (Motorola ‘Shamu’) was when it showed up on GFXBench, the graphics benchmarking tool for smartphones. The listing was openly available for the world to see and the device showed some impressive specs that are not as impressive when compared to the 64-bit HTC Desire 820. This time around the same device has now shown up in some AnTuTu screenshots online via a leaker and we get a better insight into its hardware specs along with the next version of Android that it will running.
As for the specs, they are indeed impressive:
- 2.7 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 silicon coupled with 3 GB of RAM
- Handling the graphics will be the Adreno 420 GPU
- Internal memory will again be limited to 32 GB
- While the screen sports a Quad HD (2560 x 1440 pixel) display
- The camera still remains at 13 MP for the primary one
What the benchmark results also revealed is the version number of the next Android update from Google. Tagged as version 5.0 (since Android L is not the final name anyways) the build will certainly be a big jump for the platform and kind of deserves a version bump as well.
What is not that impressive about the Nexus X, are the benchmark scores that stand at 35,430, which if compared to the mid-range variant of the Meizu MX4 (52,811), has a lot to catch up on.
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow