18:23 13th Aug, 2014
Google’s Next Nexus Will Sport A Beefy Snapdragon 805 Processor
It was just yesterday that we saw the Shamu showing up on GFXBench, and now it seems to have made things official by appearing on AnTuTu.
So we know that Motorola will be building the next Nexus, but what we do not know are the hardware specifications that the device will bring. That was until the handset showed up on the AnTuTu benchmarking tool today. The handset shows what as of today can only be compared to the Prime devices from LG and Samsung with their Quad HD (2560 x 1440 pixels) displays and Snapdragon 805 powered LTE Category 6 radios.
The device that made an appearance on AnTuTu was tagged as the Google Shamu and sports a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 (APQ8084) processor clocked at 2.65 GHz and coupled with 3 GB of RAM. The SoC will also sport the powerful Adreno 420 GPU which should give it an edge over the current crop of Android handsets. The device will sport a 5.2 inch Quad HD display giving it an unmatched pixel density of 564 ppi.
Also included in the spec list is Google’s latest and greatest Android L and a 13 MP primary snapper along with 2.1 MP front-facing one that should hopefully be better than the Nexus 5’s average camera sensor.
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow