16:33 19th Nov, 2012
HTC Windows Phone 8X And Desire SV Arrive At Online Stores
Flagship WP8 and dual-SIM Android 4.0 phones available for Rs 34K and Rs 22K respectively.
HTC's flagship Windows Phone 8X handset has seen quite some excitement since its September launch. The phone has quickly made its way to Indian stores: It's available at Saholic.com for Rs 34,150 with a 12-month manufacturer's warranty. It's odd that the phone is only available in black right now. You might remember that the phone was supposed to have four colour variants — California Blue, Graphite Black, Flame Red, and Limelight Yellow. We found that the phone is also up for pre-order at Flipkart.com, with an estimated release date in the 3rd week of November. To refresh your memory, here is the list of specifications:
- Windows Phone 8.
- 1.5 GHz Qualcomm S4 Dual-core processor with 1GB of RAM.
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz; HSPA/WCDMA: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz.
- Rear 8 mp camera with auto focus, LED flash, and BSI sensor (for better low-light captures), F2.0 aperture and 28 mm lens capable of 1080p video recording with dedicated HTC ImageChip.
- Ultra-wide-angle (88°) 2.1 mp camera on the front, capable of 1080p front camera video recording with dedicated HTC ImageChip.
- 4.3 inch Super LCD 2 touch screen with HD 720p resolution coated with Gorilla Glass 2.
- 3.5 mm stereo audio jack, NFC capable, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR & Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n.
- 16 GB internal storage.
- Internal GPS antenna with GLONASS.
- G-Sensor, Digital compass, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor.
- Embedded 1800 mAh Li-ion Polymer battery.
- 5.2" (l) X 2.6" (w) x 0.4" (10.12 mm) (d); weighs 130 grams.
- Supported audio formats – Playback: AAC, AMR, M4A, MP3, WAV, ASF, WMA (version 9 and 10); Recording: WAV (w/OneNote).
- Supported video formats – Playback: 3GP, 3G2, MP4, M4V, ASF, WMV (version 9 and 10); Recording: MP4.
If the specs look appealing, we'd suggest a look at our review of the HTC Windows Phone 8X.
Android fans might be pleased with this next bit of information: The HTC Desire SV is also available at Saholic.com for Rs 21,800. This dual-SIM Android 4.0 phone comes with an 8 mp camera with flash, 4 GB of internal storage, and a 1 GHz dual-core CPU. Here are the specifications for this one:
- Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) with Sense UI.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 1 GHz dual-core processor with 768 MB of RAM.
- 8 megapixel camera with auto focus, LED flash, BSI sensor (for better low-light captures), F2.2 aperture and 28 mm lens, WVGA video recording.
- Dual-SIM, 2G GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz; 3G HSPA/WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz.
- 4.3" Super LCD 2 with display with 480x800 pixel dimensions.
- Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX enabled.
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n with hotspot and tethering, GPS, Beats Audio.
- 3.5 mm stereo audio jack.
- Internal storage of 4 GB and expansion card slot for microSD cards.
- G-Sensor, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor.
- Audio Formats: Playback: AAC, AMR, OGG, M4A, MID, MP3, WAV, WMA (Windows Media Audio 9); Recording: AMR.
- Video Formats: Playback: 3GP, 3G2, MP4, WMV (Windows Media Video 9), AVI (MP4 ASP and MP3); Recording: MP4.
- 1620 mAh Li-ion battery (unspecified backup time).
- 5.1" (l) x 2.67" (w) x 0.42" (11 mm) (d) inches; weighs 131 grams with battery.
- Philips 3.1 and 2.1 Channel Soundbars with Wireless Subwoofer launched
- Sony India launches a digital voice recorder ICD-UX570F
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband