17:07 20th Sep, 2012
Rumour: Google Nexus Tablet Almost Confirmed
Sources claim that the screen size will be 7"; expected to retail for around $200.
It is believed that Google's new Nexus tablet will break cover today at the I/O 2012 event. Bloomberg.com has reported via anonymous sources that Google will take the wraps off this new tablet that has been manufactured by ASUS. This doesn't come as a surprise, as one of ASUS's representatives let the info slip a couple of weeks ago during Computex 2012. It is said that the company will pit this new 7" tablet against the Apple iPad, which continues to maintain a stranglehold on the market.
The Nexus has long been rumoured to sport a competitive price tag of $200 (Rs 11,500 approx). Its specs are still unknown, but is likely to feature the NVIDIA Tegra 3 quad-core system on chip, accompanied by a few other fancy features. Google will also reveal the new version of its Android OS today, and needless to say, the tablet will most probably feature it. However, I don't think it will be a tablet-only OS like Android 3.0 (Honeycomb), since we all know how badly that turned out for Google.
Confirmation about these rumours is hard to come by, so I recommend you take this with a pinch of salt. Either way, it's only a matter of time till these rumours are put to rest, as the event is scheduled to take place in a few hours from now.
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch