Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
14th Jun 2015
Couldn't keep up with this week's tech stories? Worry not, we will run down through the important news that took place in last few days. As most of you would have already guessed, the week was mostly dominated by Apple. The company had many interesting announcements coming from its WWDC event. Apart from that, there were quite a few news to report from the Android and Windows camp. Without further ado, let's get started:
Apple Introduced iOS 9
From the Moscone Center, Apple unveiled iOS 9. The new software brings in a lot of improvements for the iPhone and iPad. To check out the list of new features, head over to this link. A few of these features have been inspired by the competing operating systems. So don't forget to go through this article too.
New Apple Watch OS 2
In addition to the iOS, Apple showcased the next iteration of its Watch operating system. The best part about the new software is that the developers will be able to build standalone apps that run entirely on the Watch. Click here, to learn more about the new software.
Xiaomi Mi 4 64 GB Gets A Price Cut
Chinese manufacturer Xiaomi's most expensive handset in India, the Mi 4 (64 GB version) received a price cut. The handset will now retail for Rs 20,000. For Mi fans holding out there purchase, now is the time.
Sony PROselfie Xperia C4 Smartphone Reaches Indian Shores
Japanese electronics giant Sony has launched its selfie-centric Xperia C4 in India. Priced at Rs 29,500, this handset comes with a wide-angle 5 megapixel front-facing camera with flash. For details specs, head over to this article.
News Round-Up: Week 2, June 2015
Notable developments from the world of technology.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones