Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
12th Jun 2015
For every new version of Apple's mobile OS, comparison with other platforms happens to be inevitable. iOS 9 brings in a lot of improvements and new features for both the iPhone and iPad. Some of these ideas are original, while a few have been inspired by competing operating systems. So although Apple's mobile operating system is gaining features, it is losing out on originality.
Picture In Picture
Apple's Picture in picture lets you play a video in window mode while working with other apps. It is a blatant rip-off of Samsung's pop-up play feature.
For the first time, iPad users running iOS 9 will be able to run two apps simultaneously in the split screen mode. Hello, Microsoft Surface!
Public Transit Info
Apple maps finally support Transit info. With iOS 9, iPhone will help you reach from point A to point B using public transport. Something that has been there for years on Android and Windows Phone.
Spotlight search will learn from your usage pattern. Based on that it will prioritise the information such as contacts, locations, and apps. Yes, very much like Google Now.
Does iOS 9 Borrow Too Much From The Competition?
Apple's mobile OS gaining features, but losing out on originality.
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers