Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
12th Jun 2015
For every new version of Apple's mobile OS, comparison with other platforms happens to be inevitable. iOS 9 brings in a lot of improvements and new features for both the iPhone and iPad. Some of these ideas are original, while a few have been inspired by competing operating systems. So although Apple's mobile operating system is gaining features, it is losing out on originality.
Picture In Picture
Apple's Picture in picture lets you play a video in window mode while working with other apps. It is a blatant rip-off of Samsung's pop-up play feature.
For the first time, iPad users running iOS 9 will be able to run two apps simultaneously in the split screen mode. Hello, Microsoft Surface!
Public Transit Info
Apple maps finally support Transit info. With iOS 9, iPhone will help you reach from point A to point B using public transport. Something that has been there for years on Android and Windows Phone.
Spotlight search will learn from your usage pattern. Based on that it will prioritise the information such as contacts, locations, and apps. Yes, very much like Google Now.
Does iOS 9 Borrow Too Much From The Competition?
Apple's mobile OS gaining features, but losing out on originality.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance