13:01 09th Jun, 2015
Apple Announces WatchOS 2 At WWDC 2015 | TechTree.com
Apple Announces WatchOS 2 At WWDC 2015
While the developer beta version has been launched now, the final version for the public is expected to go live during this live.
Apple has announced the arrival of the latest version of the WatchOS, the operating system that powers the Apple Watch at the WWDC 2015.
Dubbed as the WatchOS 2, the new version is said to include support for native apps, third-party complications, communications improvements, better health and fitness performance, new Siri capabilities and other new features.
It is also being said that the new WatchOS 2 will make it possible for the developers to build apps that run entirely on the Apple Watch.
While the developer beta version has been made available during the conference, the official full-version release is expected to come during this fall.
Below is a small list of features which the new update brings with it:
- New watch faces including Photo Album face and Time-Lapse face, a 24 hour time lapse of iconic locales.
- App developers can now make their own Complications.
- The Watch will show a nightstand mode which displays charge, time and alarm.
- Multiple screens for friends — and adding new people via your Apple Watch (instead of having to go into the iPhone Apple Watch app).
- FaceTime Audio.
- Replying to email from your watch.
- Fitness app can now run natively. Siri can start / stop workouts. There are new achievements, too, in case you're some kind of athletic beast that's collected them all already.
- Apple Pay will support store and loyalty cards, just like the new iOS 9.
- Maps on the Watch just got way more useful. It now supports transit directions, and Siri can get you mass transit directions.
- Speaking of Siri, it can now show you glances — "Hey Siri, show me the Instagram glances" — apparently even if it's not installed.
- Custom watch faces! The WWDC crowd is applauding for wallpaper. This is the future.
To conclude, while Apple has the best smartphone ecosystem, the Watch apps have so far been fairly limited. But, now, with this latest Watch Operating System update, we expect to see some better native apps support.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance