28th Sep 2015
A few weeks ago, we published the list of smartphones worth buying under Rs 10,000. Now, it's time to refresh the recommendations for those who can stretch their budget to Rs 20,000. As usual, the list is dominated by Android handsets. However, there is an option for those who want to stand out. Last updated: 7-August, 2015.
Nokia Lumia 730
Price: Rs 12,300
The Lumia 730 is based on Nokia's Fabula design language started with the N9. The phone offers a 4.7-inch AMOLED screen with HD resolution. It is powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 400 chipset. The quad-core chip is clocked at 1.2 GHz has 1 GB RAM. It comes with 8 GB internal storage. Plus, there's a microSD card slot that supports up to 128 GB. Other features include a 5 megapixel camera for selfies. The rear camera is 6.7 megapixel snapper.
[Also Read: Best Five Selfie Smartphones]
Other features include dual-SIM functionality, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, GPS, and 2200 mAh battery. On the software front, this Windows Phone 8.1 (Denim update) device comes loaded with Office Suite, HERE maps, and MixRadio.
[Also Read: Images of Next Microsoft Lumia]
Street Price: Rs 16,000
Beyond the boring design, the GALAXY S4 is a feature-packed smartphone. For starters, you get a brilliant 5" Super AMOLED screen. The phone also offers a good 13 megapixel auto focus camera. Inside is the Exynos 5410 chipset that features a 1.6 GHz Octa-Core processor, and 2 GB of RAM.
[Also See: Exciting Features of Galaxy S4]
Other features include 16 GB of internal storage, microSD support for up to 64 GB, 2 MP front-facing camera, Wi-Fi, A-GPS with GLONASS, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, IR LED (Remote Control), MHL 2.0, and 2,600 mAh battery. What more can you ask for Rs 16,000?
Xiaomi Mi 4i
Street Price: Rs 13,000
If you want to avoid a Windows handset due to its lacklustre app store, the Mi 4i is another compact handset worth considering. The phone is powered by Qualcomm's 64-bit Snapdragon 615 chipset. It has a super-sharp 5-inch Full HD IPS screen. The Mi 4i offers a good 13 megapixel rear camera, and a 5 megapixel front-facing snapper for selfies.
[Also Read: Review of Xiaomi Mi 4i]
Other than that you get 2 GB RAM and 16GB internal storage. The dual-SIM handset comes with 3120 mAh battery.
Top Smartphones Under Rs 20,000 (August, 2015) | TechTree.com
Top Smartphones Under Rs 20,000 (August, 2015)
List of handsets that offer plenty of features without costing a bomb.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals