28th Sep 2015
A few weeks ago, we published the list of smartphones worth buying under Rs 10,000. Now, it's time to refresh the recommendations for those who can stretch their budget to Rs 20,000. As usual, the list is dominated by Android handsets. However, there is an option for those who want to stand out. Last updated: 7-August, 2015.
Nokia Lumia 730
Price: Rs 12,300
The Lumia 730 is based on Nokia's Fabula design language started with the N9. The phone offers a 4.7-inch AMOLED screen with HD resolution. It is powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 400 chipset. The quad-core chip is clocked at 1.2 GHz has 1 GB RAM. It comes with 8 GB internal storage. Plus, there's a microSD card slot that supports up to 128 GB. Other features include a 5 megapixel camera for selfies. The rear camera is 6.7 megapixel snapper.
[Also Read: Best Five Selfie Smartphones]
Other features include dual-SIM functionality, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, GPS, and 2200 mAh battery. On the software front, this Windows Phone 8.1 (Denim update) device comes loaded with Office Suite, HERE maps, and MixRadio.
[Also Read: Images of Next Microsoft Lumia]
Street Price: Rs 16,000
Beyond the boring design, the GALAXY S4 is a feature-packed smartphone. For starters, you get a brilliant 5" Super AMOLED screen. The phone also offers a good 13 megapixel auto focus camera. Inside is the Exynos 5410 chipset that features a 1.6 GHz Octa-Core processor, and 2 GB of RAM.
[Also See: Exciting Features of Galaxy S4]
Other features include 16 GB of internal storage, microSD support for up to 64 GB, 2 MP front-facing camera, Wi-Fi, A-GPS with GLONASS, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, IR LED (Remote Control), MHL 2.0, and 2,600 mAh battery. What more can you ask for Rs 16,000?
Xiaomi Mi 4i
Street Price: Rs 13,000
If you want to avoid a Windows handset due to its lacklustre app store, the Mi 4i is another compact handset worth considering. The phone is powered by Qualcomm's 64-bit Snapdragon 615 chipset. It has a super-sharp 5-inch Full HD IPS screen. The Mi 4i offers a good 13 megapixel rear camera, and a 5 megapixel front-facing snapper for selfies.
[Also Read: Review of Xiaomi Mi 4i]
Other than that you get 2 GB RAM and 16GB internal storage. The dual-SIM handset comes with 3120 mAh battery.
Top Smartphones Under Rs 20,000 (August, 2015)
List of handsets that offer plenty of features without costing a bomb.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones