Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
17:45 05th Aug, 2015
Images Of The Next Microsoft Lumia Flagship Emerge
The handset could feature QHD screen and Snapdragon 810 chipset.
Microsoft has been focusing on the budget smartphone segment to increase its marketshare. While the strategy sounds sound, it seems to have completely forgotten about the premium segment. It has been a long time since we came across any flagship handset from Microsoft's devices division (earlier known as Nokia). Soon, this is going to change though, as a next Windows Phone flagship has been caught on camera. Going by the current naming scheme, the device in question should be the Lumia 940 XL. However, now that the company prefers to jump numbers (yes, spare a thought for Windows 9) rumour has it that this could be the Lumia 950 XL.
If true, this could be one of the two top-end handsets Microsoft plans to release every year. For those not in the know, under Satya Nadella's leadership, Microsoft will only launch six devices in a year.
Considering that Windows 10 is expect to land on mobile phones by October, we expect this handset to go official in the same period. There's a case on the device, so can't discuss the design much. However, it does look flatter compared to most Lumias so far.
For more images, head over to this link.
Bases on the screenshots coming from the same source, GSMArena.com speculates that the phone will be powered by the Snapdragon 810 chipset with 3 GB RAM. Display is said to be Quad HD with 2560x1440 pixels. It will also be the first Windows Phone to sport a Type-c port.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance