Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
04th May 2014
Thanks to Windows Phone 8.1, Microsoft made a lot of noise in April. However, the first week May seems to be all quite for the software-giant. This week was mostly dominated by Google's Android and its hardware partners. Out of the multiple launches that place in last few day. we're going to bring you the important ones. For a change, Canadian brand Blackberry also made its presence felt after a long time.
Samsung Takes On The Lumia 1020 With GALAXY K Zoom
The Korean giant announced a 20.7 megapixel camera phone 10x optical zoom. The camera phone packs in some impressive features such as Optical Image Stabilisation, Xenon flash, and hexa-core processor. In terms of aesthetics though, it looks like some futuristic auricular probe.
LG G Pro 2 Pegged At Rs 49,900 In India
The LG Pro 2 is finally available online in India. The GALAXY Note 3 competitor was announced in February this year. It features a 5.9 inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) HD IPS display, 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 800 processor, and 13 megapixel camera with Optical Image Stabilisation.
Lenovo Unveils The S860 Smartphone
Lenovo launched its latest S860 handset in India. The S860 packs a 5.3-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixel) screen, 1.3 GHz MediaTek MT6582 quad-core chipset, 8 megapixel camera, and a mammoth 4000 mAh battery. The handset is priced at 21,500.
Huawei To Challenge Moto G With Its Ascend P7 Mini
Huawei showcased the Ascend P7 Mini smartphone in Germany. The handset will feature a 4.5-inch TFT display. It will be powered by the Snapdragon 400 chipset. If priced reasonably, Ascend P7 Mini can take on the Moto G.
BlackBerry Z3 Goes On Pre-Order In Indonesia
Despite its global downfall, BlackBerry is still a rage in Indonesia. To appreciate its fans, the Canadian smartphone-maker has released the BlackBerry Z3 (based on OS 10.2) exlusively for Indonesia. The handset is priced at around $200 (approx Rs 12,000).
Tech News Round-Up: Week 1, May 2014 | TechTree.com
Tech News Round-Up: Week 1, May 2014
Catch-up with this week's big news from the world of technology.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance