12:24 02nd May, 2014
LG’s Monster G Pro 2 Now Available Online For Rs 49,900
The phablet sized device comes a bit too late to the game sporting last year’s flagship specs.
The G Pro 2 sports a 5.9 inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) HD IPS display with a rather slim 3.3 mm bezel which seems to be a growing trend these days with smartphone makers. What’s new is that it runs Android’s newest KitKat flavour combined with 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 800 processor (with 3 GB RAM) which should make it mighty quick to play even the most challenging apps and games.
The Camera is a 13 MP one which comes with OIS+ which is combination regular Optical Image Stabilization with software enhancements that deliver sharper and clearer images in a variety of lighting conditions. What is good, are the video recording modes that include 4K video capture and a 120 fps slow motion mode as well.
Also the LG G Pro 2 was the first phone in the LG line up to introduce its custom Knock Code feature which allows you to simply tap the screen on pre-defined spots to unlock the device.
The phone is currently available online for a steep online price tag of Rs 49,900 and comes in Titan, White and Silver. All we will say is that the LG G Pro 2 is a case of being ‘too little and too late’. Samsung and HTC have already launched their reasonably sized flagships for the year on Indian soil. While the Samsung GALAXY S5 is already available for purchase for a price tag of Rs 51,500; the premium HTC One (M8) will start selling in the first week of May for Rs. 49,900. Both of these phones come with the latest in terms of processors and cameras. In fact LG today also announced that it will be launching its flagship for the year a month from now which kind of makes us wonder why did they launch such a product to begin with?
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance