11th Jul 2016
Virtual Reality has captured our fancy and has taken the market by storm. This year witnessed the impressive growth of Virtual Reality and its applications. VR is no longer limited to gaming and entertainment, but is also poised to take over lifestyle industry as well.
Big weights like Google, HTC, Samsung and a host of other companies are giving VR all that they have in order to dominate the market and emerge as champions!
So here we go ladies and gentlemen, the top five VR headsets.
1. Oculus Rift
The name that is now synonymous with virtual reality, Oculus Rift was initially launched on Kickstarter and soon gained widespread media attention when Facebook acquired Oculus in the year 2014. Oculus Rift was launched on 28th March this year. Priced at $599, Oculus Rift is packed with OLED display and 2160 x 1200 resolution with 110 degree of field view.
Along with in-built audio and mic the sensors include Accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, and 360-degree positional tracking. Unfortunate that we don’t have shipping to India, but once it hits the Indian market, make sure you get your hands on this baby!
2. HTC Vive
Pretty much similar to Oculus Rift, the sensors of Vive include Accelerometer, gyroscope, laser position sensor, and a front-facing camera. HTC Vive is a little more expensive than the Oculus and is priced at $799. If you got the money, then don’t hesitate to buy this one! I repeat If you got the money, then don’t hesitate to buy this one!
3. PlayStation VR
Slated to be released this October, the PlayStation VR is expected to be a massive hit as it is compatible with the existing PS4 consoles. More over the VR Headset is comfortably priced at $399. Gamers out there, you know what I am talking about!
4. Samsung Gear VR
Makers assure that, the headset will be seamlessly compatible with all Samsung smartphones namely Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, and S6 Edge plus. With 96 degree field view and 2560 x 1440 pixel Super AMOLED resolution Samsung Gear VR powered by Oculus is priced at INR 8,200. This is definitely a pocket friendly VR Headset
5. Sulon Q
The new kid on the block, folks this was unveiled during the GDC 2016 and is touted to be a stiff competitor to the other players. Specifications include 2,560 x 1,440-pixel resolution OLED display with accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer sensors. Makers claim that the headset is the first untethered headset capable of both virtual reality and augmented reality.
Details about the release date and pricing is yet to be announced by the Canadian startup Sulon Technologies.
Top Five VR Headset Worth Every Penny
If you are keen on owning a VR Headset, then this is just for you.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance