11:04 09th Sep, 2015
YU Yunique Takes On The Moto E And The Redmi 2 At Rs 4,999
Comes with hardware specifications that come too close to the budget 4G offerings available today.
There is a lot of competition bubbling at the entry-level handset range lately, with both international and Chinese brands vying for their share of the budget 4G pie. So it was expected that Micromax’s YU Televentures, would soon launch its own version of the budget 4G smartphone and that is what it just did.
At a price tag even cheaper than the YU Yuphoria, comes the all-new YU Yunique a 4G device that Micromax claims will hit the sweet spot for buyers looking for an affordable 4G enabled smartphone.
The YU Yunique follows the design philosophy of the YU Yureka smartphones with the Yuphoria-like camera module on the back. Clearly, this makes for an all-plastic build, but it does come with that “unique” rough matte finish like on the Yureka series.
Coming down to the stuff that really matters:
- We get a 4.7 inch 1280 x 720 pixel display that retains a crisp 312 ppi and is protected by Corning’s Gorilla Glass 3
- Inside, we get a Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor with 1 GB of LPDDR3 RAM and 8 GB of internal storage that is expandable up to 32 GB
- There is an 8 MP AF camera with an LED flash on the back and a 2 MP unit up front
- Connectivity options include 4G LTE bands, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and an FM Radio
- All of the above is powered by a non-removable 2000mAh battery
- The handset boots to Android 5.1 Lollipop with the Cyanogen experience inside
Indeed, One look at the specs and Micromax seems to be taking on Motorola’s Moto E (this is still the 3G version) and Xiaomi’s Redmi 2 budget 4G droids but at a much lower price tag. YU is actually selling a budget device at an entry-level price tag of Rs 4,999. So for now, at least on paper, it seems like a great buy.
The YU Yunique will go on sale on Snapdeal on the 14th of September and registrations for the flash sale are currently open until the day of the sale.
[Also Read: Top 4G LTE Handsets Under Rs 10,000]
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets