11:27 09th Jul, 2015
LG Unveils Mid-Range G4 Beat; Goes Big On Features
Its success depends entirely on its pricing.
LG has unveiled a brand-new smartphone called the LG G4 Beat. The smartphone considering its spec sheet is a mid-ranger at best and comes with some interesting features that will prevent it from sliding down to the budget range.
The Korean electronics giant seems to have found the right mix of hardware with the G4 Beat.
The device packs in a Full HD display and looks strikingly similar to the LG G4, which was launched in India a couple of weeks back.
As for the hardware bits of this mid-range device:
- We get a 5.2 inch, Full HD (1080 x 1920 pixels), IPS LCD display
- Inside there is a brisk Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 chipset coupled with 1.5 GB of RAM and 8GB of internal storage, which is expandable
- LG has worked on the camera bits as well as the primary unit packs in an 8 MP module with a Colour Spectrum Sensor and Laser-Assisted Autofocus
- The front facing camera gets a 5 MP unit with Gesture Shot
- We get the usual radios including 4G/ LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g, n / Bluetooth 4.1 and NFC
- All of the above is powered by a 2300 mAh battery
Latin America markets will be treated to a 13 MP primary sensor for the camera. The LG G4 Beat runs Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with the LG UX 4.0 on top.
Indeed, LG is banking on construction quality and the right mix of hardware but its success will entirely depend on its pricing; something that LG will reveal at launch.
Xiaomi’s Mi 4i has taken the Indian market by storm, by offering a robust processor with 2 GB of RAM and a Full HD display and comes with a budget price tag. LG’s only sore spot (on paper) seems to be the 8 GB of internal memory which is a bit too less, for storing apps and games.
LG will have to be smarter and price it right, even though its camera chops will keep it anchored higher up in the mid-range.
The handset will be available in Metallic Silver, Ceramic White and Shiny Gold in India (with the second launch wave), but details about when it will arrive, have not been let out.
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets