13:00 26th Dec, 2014
Leaked: BlackBerry Rio Is An Upgraded Z3 With A Decent Asking Price
The device is targeted at power users on a budget.
Now that the BlackBerry Classic is official, it is time for another smartphone to take its place in the rumour mill. Though this time around we get something that looks sane (compared to the Passport) in the form of a device called the Rio.
One long, hard look at the BlackBerry Rio and you will be convinced that the smartphone is a successor to the budget BlackBerry Z3. The design looks a lot similar with the dimpled back, speaker grill and the camera set up with a longer frame compared to the Z3.
The same can be said about the hardware specifications of the smartphone:
- We get a 5 inch 1280 x 720 pixel HD display
- There is a dual-core 1.5 GHz processor inside (compared to the 1.2 Ghz one on the Z3) that is coupled with 2 GB of RAM
- We get the same 8 MP primary camera on the back, along with a 5 MP front-facing unit
- Penta Band LTE + 4G Hotspot, Wi-Fi 2.4GHz 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0 / DLNA / Miracast
- All of the above is powered by a 2800 mAh battery, which seems pretty decent considering the tasks that it has been built to accomplish
As for the pricing of the BlackBerry Rio, the source states that it will cost in the range of 300 USD (approx Rs 19,000), which sounds pretty decent for those looking for feature packed BlackBerry smartphone sans a keyboard. There is no news about where this device will be available but we can be pretty sure that it will make it to India, keeping in mind the attractive pricing.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000