11:13 07th Nov, 2014
Lenovo Launches VIBE X2 In India Along With VIBE Xtensions
After the Sisley S90, we are indeed glad to see Lenovo getting creative with the VIBE X2 once again.
Lenovo has finally launched its creative VIBE X2 handset in India. The smartphone was unveiled at the IFA Berlin in September and we were indeed surprised to see the invitation to its India launch so soon. The smartphone is pretty unique and is indeed a breath of fresh air in a world of candy-bar Android smartphones today.
The layered design not only makes it thin and light but also allows for the addition of accessories. They allow you to enhance the features by adding the VIBE Xtension enhancements like a battery slab or a speaker slab that are available at an extra price. The X2 Battery not only protects the phone with an additional layer of protection on the back, but will also extend the battery life of the VIBE X2 by 75 percent, which is huge. Next up is the VIBE X2 Speaker Xtension that delivers a set of speakers on the back and also comes with a mic that can be useful for conference calls.
As for the specs of the Lenovo VIBE X2 there is nothing that seems to have changed since the unveiling:
- We get a 5 inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixel) display
- A true octa-core, 2.0 GHz MediaTek MT6595m chipset with 2 GB of RAM
- Memory is limited to 32 GB of internal storage only
- A 13 MP primary camera with an LED flash is available on the back with 5 MP unit on the front for the selfie-conscious
- We get the usual radios including 4G LTE /3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth 4.0
- The handset runs Android KitKat, packs a 2,300 mAh battery and weights just a 120 grams, which is quite an achievement for a 5 inch device
It is pretty much obvious that the Xtensions will add to the weight of the smartphone. The VIBE X2 comes in White, Red, Gold and Dark Grey and is priced at Rs 19,999 which is a decent asking price considering that you get a phone that can change form, depending on your needs.
The handset will go on sale on Flipkart on the 10th of November and the VIBE Xtensions will be sold separately.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000