17:13 19th Aug, 2014
HTC Announces Butterfly 2 For India; Available From September
The better looking handset out of the One M8’s siblings, the Butterfly 2 brings a little more to the mid-range table.
HTC has as expected, announced the Butterfly 2 handset for India and the rest of the South Asian markets, including Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand. The handset was previously launched on KDDI in Japan as the J Butterfly and will soon be available in India.
The Butterfly 2 does boast of some impressive specs, even though HTC has gotten rid of the metal armour found on the HTC One M8. Inside, we get a:
- Beefy quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor clocked at 2.5 GHz coupled with 2 GB of RAM
- As for the memory, the Butterfly 2 will be available in 16 and 32 GB options along with additional memory support in the form of micro SD cards
- Also present will be the Duo Camera from the HTC One M8, but without the annoying UltraPixel tech
- The handset comes with a standard 13 MP camera like on the One E8 and the Desire 816 and a 5 MP camera up front and also includes the depth sensor for UFocus imagery
- The Butterfly 2 runs Android KitKat version 4.4 and is powered by a 2700 mAh battery
Last but not the least, the handset is indeed IP 57 water and dust resistant and includes all the patented HTC tech such as BoomSound in a design that looks a lot different from the One E8. Harman Kardon has also included its LiveStage audio DSP tech in here as well.
The HTC Butterfly 2 will begin selling in the above mentioned markets starting from the 2nd of September.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000