15:46 03rd Jun, 2014
Say Hello To The M8’s Plastic-Bodied Sibling, The HTC One E8
Comes with a lighter plastic body, minus the Duo Camera and adds dual-SIM support.
After unveiling the One Vogue Edition (M8), HTC took the wraps off their lower-priced One M8 alternative, the HTC One E8. The device comes with specifications similar to the metal-clad HTC One M8, but switches to a slower processor and a 13MP camera unit instead of the Duo Camera.
Similar to what had been reported earlier, the One E8 comes with clean plastic unibody design and has a curve at the back which according to HTC, “…fits naturally in your hand in virtually any position.” The plastic body makes it lighter and gives it a few more colour options which include matt finished blue, black; and polished red and white. The One E8 carries the Motion Launch and BoomSound technologies of the One M8 but skips on the UltraPixel, Duo Camera to reduce costs. We are pretty sure, that the most of you would indeed be happy with this move.
Inside the HTC One E8, you will find a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 chipset of an unknown clock speed, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal memory which is pretty much in line with flagship standards. The 13MP BSI sensor comes with an f/2.2 lens and a single LED flash while the front-facing camera seems pretty much sorted with a 5MP BSI sensor of its own. Both cameras are capable of taking Full HD videos; clearly this handset was built for selfies.
The biggest change of course is that fact that the HTC One E8 comes with dual-SIM support. Let’s hope the M8’s battery saving tech made it on board as well since the handset comes with the same 2600mAh battery from the M8.
Pricing and availability have not been announced yet, but expect the handset to launch in China followed by the rest of the countries.
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets