Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
17:55 10th Jan, 2013
Samsung Announces Android 4.1 GALAXY S II Plus
The old knight gets a shiny new armour.
Samsung has officially announced the GALAXY S II Plus handset. In case you missed, leaked pictures and specs of this GALAXY S II rehash were already doing rounds over the web since last month. To please Android fans, the phone offers Android 4.1 (jelly Bean) out of the box. While much of the design remains true to the original, the Plus variant sports "hyperglaze" finish, popularised by the company's current flagship GALAXY S III. The phone is powered by a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor (probably Cortex A9), and has 1 GB of RAM. It's 4.3" Super AMOLED screen has pixel dimensions of 480x800. For photography, it features a 8 mp camera coupled with an LED flash. The detailed list of features is as follows:
- 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, 1 GB of RAM.
- 4.3" Super AMOLED screen with 480x800 pixels.
- 8 megapixel main camera with LED flash, 2 mp front-facing camera.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0, FM Radio, A-GPS, NFC (in select regions).
- 8 GB internal storage, MicroSD card slot (supports up to 64 GB).
- Micro-USB 2.0, 3.5 mm jack.
- Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean).
- Accelerometer, Geo-magnetic, Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, and Gyro.
- 1650 mAh battery.
The GALAXY S II Plus also comes with UI elements including the Popup Video, S-Voice, and Smart Stay. The company claims that the rear camera can manage a zero-lag shutter speed to capture moving objects easily. At this moment, there's no word on the handset's pricing and availability.
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets