Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
17:55 10th Jan, 2013
Samsung Announces Android 4.1 GALAXY S II Plus | TechTree.com
Samsung Announces Android 4.1 GALAXY S II Plus
The old knight gets a shiny new armour.
Samsung has officially announced the GALAXY S II Plus handset. In case you missed, leaked pictures and specs of this GALAXY S II rehash were already doing rounds over the web since last month. To please Android fans, the phone offers Android 4.1 (jelly Bean) out of the box. While much of the design remains true to the original, the Plus variant sports "hyperglaze" finish, popularised by the company's current flagship GALAXY S III. The phone is powered by a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor (probably Cortex A9), and has 1 GB of RAM. It's 4.3" Super AMOLED screen has pixel dimensions of 480x800. For photography, it features a 8 mp camera coupled with an LED flash. The detailed list of features is as follows:
- 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, 1 GB of RAM.
- 4.3" Super AMOLED screen with 480x800 pixels.
- 8 megapixel main camera with LED flash, 2 mp front-facing camera.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0, FM Radio, A-GPS, NFC (in select regions).
- 8 GB internal storage, MicroSD card slot (supports up to 64 GB).
- Micro-USB 2.0, 3.5 mm jack.
- Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean).
- Accelerometer, Geo-magnetic, Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, and Gyro.
- 1650 mAh battery.
The GALAXY S II Plus also comes with UI elements including the Popup Video, S-Voice, and Smart Stay. The company claims that the rear camera can manage a zero-lag shutter speed to capture moving objects easily. At this moment, there's no word on the handset's pricing and availability.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance