Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
19:22 01st Nov, 2012
Nokia Unveils Budget Lumia 510 With 4" Screen For $200
Windows Phone 7.5 handset features a 5 mp camera and 4 GB of storage; will launch next month.
A couple of weeks ago, we said Nokia was readying an entry-level Lumia handset. The speculation was accurate enough; Nokia has officially announced the Windows Phone 7.5 (Mango) based Lumia 510. The handset sports a 4" display and is affordable as well. There's been not much info about the CPU, except that it's based on Snapdragon's S1 chipset. Here's the list of specs confirmed by the manufacturer.
- 4" capacitive LCD touchscreen with 480x800 pixels.
- 5 mp auto-focus camera, Video recording in VGA resolution at 30 fps.
- Camera Features: Touch focus, Landscape orientation, Auto and manual exposure, Geo-tagging, Auto and manual white balance, Face recognition, Full screen viewfinder, Centre-weighted auto exposure.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1, GPS (comes with Nokia Maps and Drive).
- Snapdragon S1 chipset, 256 MB of RAM.
- Micro-USB port, 3.5 mm audio jack.
- 4 GB internal storage, 7 GB of SkyDrive online storage, No microSD card slot.
- Windows Phone 7.5, Microsoft Office Mobile, IE9 Mobile.
- 4.7" (l) x 2.6 (w) x 0.5" (11.5 mm) (d), 129 grams.
- 1300 mAh battery, 738 hours of standby (653 on 3G), 6 hours of talk time (8 hours on 3G), 38 hours of music playback.
- FM radio, Accelerometer.
- Available Colours: Red, Yellow, Cyan, White, Black.
- Package Contents: BP-3L Battery, CA-190CD Data cable, Information booklet.
The Lumia 510's relatively large screen will definitely give it an edge over its competitors. However, I think the low storage (4 GB) will turn off many potential buyers. Snapdragon S1 and 256 MB of RAM sounds underwhelming too, but that might be enough to handle the WP platform. The Nokia Lumia 510 will be available starting November in India, China, and South America. According to the manufacturer, it will be priced at around $200 (approx Rs 11,000).
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000