14:42 07th Sep, 2012
Motorola Announces Android 4.0 Based 4G DROID RAZR MAXX HD With 4.7" Screen
ICS handset comes with 8 mp snapper; 3300 mAh battery promises 13 hours of video playback.
All the major smartphone brands are preparing for the American holiday season. Samsung, Nokia, HTC, and Apple have already taken the wraps off new flagship devices, or have plans to do so soon. The Nokia Lumia launch dominated headlines across all major tech sites, but Google's Motorola Mobility also unveiled its first high-end handset post acquisition — the Droid RAZR MAXX HD.
This is an ultra-thin phone, and boasts of a better battery life, with 13 hours of continuous video playback — an area where most Android phones fail to deliver. Here's the list of confirmed specs for the phone:
- 4G LTE support; Quad-band 2G (GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900 GHz); quad-band 3G (850, 900, 1900, 2100 GHz); dual-band CDMA (800, 1900 MHz) in select regions.
- 4.7" 720p Super AMOLED HD display with Scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass and water-repellent coating.
- 8 megapixel rear camera with LED Flash 1080p video recording, 8x Digital Zoom, Auto Focus; 1.3 megapixel front camera.
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) with access to Google Play; upgradable to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) soon.
- 1.5 GHz dual-core processor and 1 GB RAM.
- 32 GB internal storage (26 GB usable) with microSD Card slot.
- DLNA, NFC, Wi-Fi hotspot (connects up to 8 devices at once), Bluetooth, GPS (Assisted GPS).
- 3.5mm audio jack, USB 2.0, HDMI-Out
- Supported audio formats: AMR-NB, AMR-WB, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, MP3, PCM, WMA (v2, v7, v8, v9, v10, L1-L3), FLAC, MIDI, QCELP, EVRC, OGG/Vorbis
- Supported video formats: 1080p HD Video, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, VC-1, VP8, Real Video
- 5.2" (l) x 2.7" (w) x 0.4" (d) (9.3 mm); 157 grammes.
- 3,300 mAh battery that boasts to offer 13 hours of video playback, 10 hours of YouTube HD content or 8 hours of web browsing.
- Aircraft-grade aluminium body with a DuPont KEVLAR fibre covering on the back panel.
- Available colours: Black
The handset will come preloaded with apps including the Chrome browser and Quickoffice. We don't know about pricing and availability yet.
Motorola hasn't really added any special features to the phone (except that the battery life is good), which makes its case rather weak — especially when all the big guns are putting their best shells forward. Whether this phone can help Motorola turn its fortunes, time will soon tell.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000