14:42 07th Sep, 2012
Motorola Announces Android 4.0 Based 4G DROID RAZR MAXX HD With 4.7" Screen
ICS handset comes with 8 mp snapper; 3300 mAh battery promises 13 hours of video playback.
All the major smartphone brands are preparing for the American holiday season. Samsung, Nokia, HTC, and Apple have already taken the wraps off new flagship devices, or have plans to do so soon. The Nokia Lumia launch dominated headlines across all major tech sites, but Google's Motorola Mobility also unveiled its first high-end handset post acquisition — the Droid RAZR MAXX HD.
This is an ultra-thin phone, and boasts of a better battery life, with 13 hours of continuous video playback — an area where most Android phones fail to deliver. Here's the list of confirmed specs for the phone:
- 4G LTE support; Quad-band 2G (GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900 GHz); quad-band 3G (850, 900, 1900, 2100 GHz); dual-band CDMA (800, 1900 MHz) in select regions.
- 4.7" 720p Super AMOLED HD display with Scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass and water-repellent coating.
- 8 megapixel rear camera with LED Flash 1080p video recording, 8x Digital Zoom, Auto Focus; 1.3 megapixel front camera.
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) with access to Google Play; upgradable to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) soon.
- 1.5 GHz dual-core processor and 1 GB RAM.
- 32 GB internal storage (26 GB usable) with microSD Card slot.
- DLNA, NFC, Wi-Fi hotspot (connects up to 8 devices at once), Bluetooth, GPS (Assisted GPS).
- 3.5mm audio jack, USB 2.0, HDMI-Out
- Supported audio formats: AMR-NB, AMR-WB, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, MP3, PCM, WMA (v2, v7, v8, v9, v10, L1-L3), FLAC, MIDI, QCELP, EVRC, OGG/Vorbis
- Supported video formats: 1080p HD Video, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, VC-1, VP8, Real Video
- 5.2" (l) x 2.7" (w) x 0.4" (d) (9.3 mm); 157 grammes.
- 3,300 mAh battery that boasts to offer 13 hours of video playback, 10 hours of YouTube HD content or 8 hours of web browsing.
- Aircraft-grade aluminium body with a DuPont KEVLAR fibre covering on the back panel.
- Available colours: Black
The handset will come preloaded with apps including the Chrome browser and Quickoffice. We don't know about pricing and availability yet.
Motorola hasn't really added any special features to the phone (except that the battery life is good), which makes its case rather weak — especially when all the big guns are putting their best shells forward. Whether this phone can help Motorola turn its fortunes, time will soon tell.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-