11:31 14th Oct, 2015
Panasonic Announces P50 Idol And P65 Flash At Rs 6790 And Rs 8290 | TechTree.com
Panasonic Announces P50 Idol And P65 Flash At Rs 6790 And Rs 8290
Both smartphones sport similar innards with the battery and screen size being the only difference.
Panasonic is bringing in the festive season by launching two new smartphones in the company’s P series, the P50 Idol and P65 Flash. Both smartphones fall in the budget segment and are appropriately priced keeping in mind pricing from competitor brands like Motorola, Xiaomi and the rest. Panasonic hopes that its smartphones would become the ideal gifting options for its customers this festive season.
Both smartphones come with a plasticy exterior that looks typically Panasonic. The P50 Idol (top left image) however adds a faux brushed metal look that mimics what you get on the ASUS Zenfone 2 and the LG G3 smartphones.
Coming to the hardware, they have similar specifications with the only differences showing up with a bigger display and a larger battery on the P65 Flash (shown above).
- We get a 5 inch IPS HD (1280 x 720 pixels) LCD display on the P50 Idol, while the bigger P65 Flash gets s 5.5 inch HD one
- Inside, both smartphones have the same chipsets in the form of a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor paired up with 1 GB of RAM and 8 GB of internal storage, that is expandable up to 32 GB
- The camera department consists of 8 MP units on the back with an LED flash and 2 MP unit up front
- The smartphones features Dual 3G bands, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth 2.1; also included is an FM Radio
- The P50 gets a 2150mAh battery, while the bigger P65 Flash gets a 2910 mAh one
- Both smartphones run modified versions of Android 5.1 Lollipop
Keeping the prices in mind, the smaller P50 Idol will compete against the likes of the Moto E 2nd gen, the Xiaomi Redmi 2 while the larger P65 Flash will compete against the competition coming mainly from Lenovo in this segment. Availability details are have not been revealed by Panasonic just yet.
[Also Read: Top 5 Budget Smartphones At Rs 15,000]
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India