13:19 17th Aug, 2015
LG’s Upcoming Nexus Handset Finally Revealed
Sports a fingerprint scanner in the usual Nexus-like plastic body.
Yes, its finally here. The first blurry image of the next LG-made Nexus smartphone has finally surfaced online.
The image comes from none other than YouTube celebrity, Marques Brownlee and at first glance somehow looks like a marriage between a Motorola Moto G and a Lumia 635 camera unit.
Looking at the blurry image, it shows the handset in the white variant (considering that the previous Nexus 5 also came in white and black and later in red). Also on the back is a silver circle that happens to house the now standard fingerprint scanner. This is important, since it may be the first device from Google to be announced running Android M (or Marshmallow) out of the box.
Since this is a flagship device of sorts, we also have LG’s laser assisted camera unit that also includes a dual tone flash in the assembly.
Leaked specs point to dual-front-facing speakers, a 5.2 inch display and a USB C-Type port with the device being 8 mm thin at its slimmest point and 9.8 mm thick at its thickest point thanks to the protruding camera unit.
What is confusing however is the device’s naming policy. Now that we already have the Google Nexus 5 and the Nexus 6 (and now that the numbers don't exactly matter) could we see Google announcing the new Nexus as the Nexus 5 again? This is more because the original Nexus 5 has already reached the end of its life last year.
Nexus 5 smartphones in India picked up sales only after its price tag dropped below the Rs 30,000 mark. But with the dropping prices of flagship smartphones and with the OnePlus 2 on sale, we could be looking at cheaper than usual Nexus smartphone getting announced this year.
Smartphones aside, Huawei is rumoured to be showing up as the new kid on the block with a Nexus tablet. Considering that the HTC-made Nexus 9 was not all that popular, we are highly doubtful that Google will announce the same.
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week