10:22 13th Aug, 2015
Swipe To Invest $3-4 Million In Maharashtra Manufacturing Plant | TechTree.com
Swipe To Invest $3-4 Million In Maharashtra Manufacturing Plant
In what appears to be a rat race to set up manufacturing plants in India, Swipe is certainly not late to the game.
Swipe the Singapore-based smartphone and tablet brand, is now the next manufacturer to set up a plant in India. The details about the plant are yet to be revealed, but we do know that it will be a part of a 3-4 million dollar investment, that will spread out over a period of two years.
Head-quartered in Singapore, Swipe has been selling its smartphones in India for long. But like every other smartphone brand before the ‘Make in India’ initiative, was simply importing its smartphones and tablets into the country.
Swipe will commence operations in just 4-6 weeks from today and will not be assembling smartphones, but actually manufacturing them in a plant in the state of Maharashtra.
India is one of the fastest growing smartphone markets in the world and according to IDC data, will be taking over the US as well in the coming years.
So it makes perfect sense to set up shop in a country that is currently hungry for business with its ‘Make in India’ initiative.
Swipe CEO, Shripal Gandhi told PTI that the company is looking to manufacture about two million units by this year end as operations will soon commence. But the focus is not just on smartphones, but on tablets as well.
The company currently offers custom tablet solutions for a variety of clients in the industry that scale into the areas of retail, enterprise and education.
Swipe is clearly not late to the game. So far only ASUS, Xiaomi, Motorola and Gionee have opened manufacturing set ups (including contract manufacturing) in India. Xiaomi recently announced its first ‘Make in India’ smartphone called the Redmi 2 Prime.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals