12:48 12th Aug, 2015
Microsoft May Have Pulled The Plug On The Lumia 830
If you are planning to pick one up for its imaging chops, better hurry up.
Now that Microsoft has its mobile devices strategy laid out, we do know that there are about 6-7 devices that fall in various segments to be announced in the current year. But what happens about the Nokia devices that came out during the partnership? Well Microsoft is going on a killing spree once again, as the Nokia Lumia 830’s production may have already ended.
News comes from wmpoweruser who happened to know an insider; one who claims that Microsoft has ended the production of the (unlocked) Lumia 830 smartphone for the US and Canadian markets. The same can be seen in the image below that shows how stores will be tackling the replacement.
The smartphone is indeed a first of its kind as it was introduced by Stephen Elop after the Nokia acquisition and marketed as a budget flagship device. One that came with great imaging hardware and a budget chipset to lower the price tag.
We have no clue how many of these handsets Microsoft did end up selling, but the Lumia 930 arrived pretty late in India, so the 830 was the only fresh new offering for Windows Phone fans back then.
[Also Read: Nokia Lumia 830 Review]
According to the same source, the Microsoft is currently going to pitch the Lumia 735/730 as an alternative to the Lumia 830 in the US and Canada, but we all know it does not even come close.
The Lumia 830 includes a tried and tested Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 chipset accompanied by a worrisome 1 GB of RAM. The handset retails for Rs 21,249 officially while the Lumia 730 is priced at Rs 12,999 online.
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow