15:38 07th Aug, 2015
Asus Plans To Make Smartphones In India | TechTree.com
Asus Plans To Make Smartphones In India
The company aims first in bringing the entire supply chain here in the country to make manufacturing process much easier.
Lately, many smartphone companies including Xiaomi and Motorola have been making the buzz about starting their manufacturing units in India as part of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi's 'Make in India' movement.
Joining this bandwagon is the popular Taiwanese company Asus which is now mulling manufacturing in India which currently has a share of about 2% in the Indian smartphone market. However, the company recently announced that it aims to raise it to 5% by 2016.
Asus recently announced that it is focusing on getting the entire supply chain here in India and not just assembly so that the manufacturing process can be much easier for the company.
The company is said to have already set up an internal team to study the prospects of manufacturing in India and the discussions are already going on with its manufacturing partners.
[Also Read: The Future Of Mobile Internet Looks Bright In India]
It is worth noting that Asus is among the growing list of global smartphone makers including Xiaomi, Motorola and Gionee that are considering manufacturing in India where the government is pushing its 'Make in India' initiative.
India as being one of the fastest growing smartphone markets globally and Asus has announced that it aims at getting in to the top four position in the next one year from the last quarter of this year (Oct-Dec) and if the company accomplishes this, India will be contributing nearly 10 - 15 % of the company's global revenues.
To recap, Asus launched a slew of handsets under its Zenfone 2 series, priced between Rs 9,999 and Rs 22,999. It also launched three versions of its tablet, ZenPad. It has launched Intel Atom processor-based Zenfone 2 Deluxe with a crystal designed back, a selfie phone featuring 13 MP front camera, Zenfone 2 Laser with fast image adjustment feature and a new accessory Lolliflash, among other products.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals