15:58 03rd Aug, 2015
You Can Now Use Twitter In Four More Indian Languages
Earlier, Twitter allowed its users to Tweet in two Indian languages Hindi and Bengali.
Twitter has announced through its latest blogpost that the popular micro-blogging site would be available in Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi and Tamil on the web and Android. However, earlier, Twitter supported Bengali and Hindi.
This move by Twitter comes in sync when smartphone companies are coming up with low-priced smartphone supporting Indian languages like Hindi, Marathi, Sanskrit, Nepali, Bengali, Kannada, Tamil, etc.
It looks like Twitter might be taking cues from Facebook and Google who have been offering their websites and services in more than 10 different Indian languages.
Also, with this move, Twitter is probably expecting big things from India as the numbers of users continue to grow in the country.
Twitter's latest blogpost also tells that the four new languages were translated partially by Twitter's Translation center.
Having said this, one thing that comes to our mind is - How to tweet using regional Indian languages? Well, you need simply select the language of your choice from 'Settings' in the drop down menu on the profile.
However, if you are an Android user, you simply have to change the language settings on your mobile devices to any of these four languages and you are all set to tweet in the language of your choice.
To recap, Twitter recently updates its app for iOS and also released a new Windows 10 app bringing in the live tiles, ability to upload multiple photos, support for animated GIFs, vine playback and sharing photos privately via Direct Messages.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-