15:58 03rd Aug, 2015
You Can Now Use Twitter In Four More Indian Languages
Earlier, Twitter allowed its users to Tweet in two Indian languages Hindi and Bengali.
Twitter has announced through its latest blogpost that the popular micro-blogging site would be available in Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi and Tamil on the web and Android. However, earlier, Twitter supported Bengali and Hindi.
This move by Twitter comes in sync when smartphone companies are coming up with low-priced smartphone supporting Indian languages like Hindi, Marathi, Sanskrit, Nepali, Bengali, Kannada, Tamil, etc.
It looks like Twitter might be taking cues from Facebook and Google who have been offering their websites and services in more than 10 different Indian languages.
Also, with this move, Twitter is probably expecting big things from India as the numbers of users continue to grow in the country.
Twitter's latest blogpost also tells that the four new languages were translated partially by Twitter's Translation center.
Having said this, one thing that comes to our mind is - How to tweet using regional Indian languages? Well, you need simply select the language of your choice from 'Settings' in the drop down menu on the profile.
However, if you are an Android user, you simply have to change the language settings on your mobile devices to any of these four languages and you are all set to tweet in the language of your choice.
To recap, Twitter recently updates its app for iOS and also released a new Windows 10 app bringing in the live tiles, ability to upload multiple photos, support for animated GIFs, vine playback and sharing photos privately via Direct Messages.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones