14:53 15th Jun, 2015
Twitter Raises Direct Message Character Limit To 10,000 Characters | TechTree.com
Twitter Raises Direct Message Character Limit To 10,000 Characters
With this new update, Twitter is likely to take over Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp.
Twitter has recently raised its character limit on direct messages from 140 to a whopping 10,000 with an aim of taking over the likes of WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger.
As we all know, even though Twitter was pretty famous to share updates, it was not able to take the place of WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger when it came to personal conversation.
The main constraint as we all might have faced was the character limit which Twitter had imposed.
But, now, it seems that the micro blogging website wants you to have endless conversations without having to leave the website.
This looks like a great step by the company to play safe with stiff competition around the neck.
However, this update is said to be only applicable to direct messages and Tweets will continue to be limited to 140 characters as they are even today.
Also, this update will certainly not going to change life for regular users, except for those who use Twitter for chats with their followers.
Yet, we may suspect this update to draw in some regular users to use the chat facility.
To recall, Twitter has also recently added the ability to share links and tweets via direct message while also introducing group chat features in it.
However, to conclude, with the new update, Twitter is clearly telling that there is still much more to come.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals