Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
17:33 31st Jul, 2015
Uber To Bet Big On India With A Billion Dollar Investment
The cab company is targeting around 1 million daily rides.
Uber seems to be on a roll. First it closed a deal with Microsoft for mapping solutions. Then, it implemented cash payment option in five Indian cities — Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Jaipur and Kochi. Now, in a quest for expansion, the company is planning to invest a whopping 1 Billion USD in India.
The report comes from Financial Times, which claims that Uber is targeting 1 million rides per day by March 2016. That's a big number considering that Uber clocks in about 200,000 rides a day in India according to the industry sources. Needless to say, easiest way of getting more customers is by start operating in more cities. Since it is active in only 18 cities of India at this point, there's a lot of scope for growth.
The other, obvious way of attracting customers is discounts and offers. Since Uber would want to come on top of Ola and other cab services, users like us can expect better better deals.
if you have been living under the rocks for months, Uber is an app based cab service. The app uses phone's GPS for sharing your location with a cabbie for pick-up. Yes, no more explaining those roads to drivers. In fact, you can even track the cab on your smartphone.
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow