Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
16:12 22nd Jul, 2015
Uber Implements Cash Payment Option In Five Indian Cities
You can pay for Uber rides by cash in Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Hyderabad, and Kochi.
Users would know that till now Uber only accepted electronic payments so far. Trusting payment gateways over its drivers. Uber accepts payments via credit cards. Those who don't have one can use e-wallets such as PayTM. To initiate a ride, minimum balance of Rs 200 has been necessary. Things have changed in a few cities though, as Uber has started accepting cash payments in Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Jaipur and Kochi.
For those not in the know, you can get a Uber can with a few clicks on its app. The app uses phone's GPS for sharing your location with a cabbie for pick-up. Yes, no more explaining those roads to drivers. In fact, you can even track the cab on your smartphone.
First phase of the testing took place in Hyderabad, so it takes the number of cities offering cash payment option to five. users in Metros will have to continue taking the e-route.
If you reside in one of the aforementioned five cities, and want to try out the cash payment option, make sure you choose the 'Cash' option before taking a ride.
In little time, the "app cab" company Uber has been talk of the town. Mostly for good reasons, and then some controversies. Though I must agree that requesting a ride on Uber is convenient.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance